Being Abroad
Something that I've noticed that is really difficult about being abroad is that you have to put yourself "out there" more than any other situation in life because this place, regardless of where it is, is 100% different than where you life. Even a little different is very different. You can't understand every word they say and subsequently can't express yourself exactly as you'd like - which can be frustrating. You have to invest a lot to come abroad, including of course, a lot of money. You have to invest a lot of time and energy and effort before you even leave the U.S. When you get here, you have to invest your whole self. Invest your whole self in this new place and culture, and it's exhausting, draining, exhilarating, inspiring, all at the same time. 4 months if both a long and short time - it's a challenge either way you look at it. I'm having an incredible time and enjoying everything - I'm investing my whole self in everything.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment