I think I have, in all seriousness, experienced almost every emotion imaginable in my first week here in Madrid.
I am sure that it is getting better, although I know I am still having my moments. I've been very lucky to know that a lot of people are supporting me and reminding me of that support from afar, and I'm so grateful for that.
As far as living in the middle, my emotions have taken me more to the extremes than ever, but I can almost feel myself leveling out already, and I feel like this will be a good place for me to settle into "the middle."
Today, I went to the Mosque of Madrid and the Prado, for the first of what I'm sure will be many visits. One of my friends got robbed on the Metro today, which is terrifying, but despite this, I'm feeling more comfortable with the city, and how it's set up. I think this weekend will be a good time to explore more and get more acquainted. I also finally got my schedule for my internship, and I look forward to spending a few hours every day of the week at Arana-Poveda. I keep reminding myself that it's still just the beginning, and I know that when I leave in 4 months I'll wish I hadn't spent time at the beginning doubting myself.
Tomorrow, we go to Toledo for the day and I'm really excited to see an old Spanish city. Soon I'll write more about what exactly I do every day and what life in Casa de Charo is like. She and I have had a lot of good conversations this week and I think she is without a doubt the most comfortable part of my life in Madrid so far. She makes feel much more relaxed, which is good for me.
Hasta pronto.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Every emotion in the world.
Labels:
better,
comfortable,
emotional,
grateful.,
internship,
mosque,
prado
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment