Friday, February 4, 2011

New beginnings, already?!

Yesterday marked my third week in Spain. This week, I changed my internship officially. On Wednesday, I had an interview at a colegio (school) with kids from 3 and 4 years old up until the 6th grade. I got a little lost on the bus system that goes outside of Madrid and ended up in a town somewhat outside of Madrid, but I was able to turn around and get to the school for my interview. I loved the people there, everyone was SO friendly and welcoming. The director's name is Lola, and I'm also working under the sort of "head English teacher" named Javier. Yesterday was my first full day and I just went around to help out in English classes. I had a 2nd grade, 4 year olds, 5th grade, 6th grade, and another 5th grade. It was really fun, and interesting to see all the levels of English speaking. It was also nice to have lunch with the other teachers and get to talk to them about all sorts of things. I'm looking forward to going back on Tuesday!

Not on purpose, I'm going to end up traveling all of the weekends in February! Today we are headed to Salamanca, next weekend we are having a one night overnight with the BU program to Sevilla, the weekend after I am going to Paris to meet some girls from SMC (!!) and the last weekend I am going to Morocco with a tour group. I'm really excited to get some traveling in, and also excited with how I've budgeted everything so far. Even with some extra expenses, I'm not doing so bad! I know everyone knows I was worried about this, so I'm happy to report that so far, so good :)

I've been having a lot of "I'm really here!" moments recently, and that's been nice. I feel like I've been here for a lot longer than 3 weeks, and I don't feel at all out of place anymore. Yesterday during my break at school I was looking at my agenda and realizing how short of a time period I really have here. No time to waste!

Off to Salamanca. Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment